This seminar is appropriate for all levels of leasing and management with takeaways:
- Learn the difference between a service animal, emotional support animal and pet;
- Best practices to collect proper paperwork and discuss with residents to maintain fair housing guidelines;
- How to structure your lease to protect the property even if you have a no pet policy;
- Are there breed restrictions?;
- Is it legal to charge deposits/payments for these animals?;
- What is the law?;
- Discuss and share real examples;
- Questions and answers.
About Our Presenter:
JAIME M. CAIN, of Boylan Code LLP in Rochester and partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department, has practiced real estate law for over twelve years. Ms. Cain is proficient in commencing and defending residential and commercial summary proceedings. She has counseled clients on issues including but not limited to fair housing laws, Section 8, holdover tenants, breach of lease violations, manufactured home parks, tenant disputes, and foreclosures. Ms. Cain has been recognized as an Upstate New York Super Lawyer® each year since 2013 and has presented at numerous seminars on landlord-tenant matters. She is a member of the National Retail Collection Attorneys, the Monroe County Bar Association, and the New York State Bar Association. Ms. Cain received her B.A. from Syracuse University and her J.D., cum laude, from Syracuse University College of Law, where she also completed a corporate counsel certificate.
NON NYCRAA Members: As membership in NYCRAA is a valuable business investment and we want you to reap the rewards, if you wish to sign up for membership prior to or at the event NYCRAA will credit $35 toward your first year membership dues. Please contact us at 518.456.0927 or visit our website www.nycraa.com and download an application.